Monday, January 5, 2009

{LiFe}

Hello all....I pray God is revealing His abounding love and sovereignty in your life, this very day. I am so grateful to know He loves me so much, that He died for me! The ultimate love story! (I am a real sucker for those!)

So many of you have sent me emails of encouragement, ideas, and promises of prayer. I thank you for all of it! It is an odd thing to have this group of people, of whom which you have never heard their voice or seen them face to face, yet you call them "friends". I for one have been immensely blessed by this blog world. To know that I am walking this journey with others brings me real comfort. I give a huge "blog hug" to you all.

For those that are new, and those not so new, let me shed some light on where I sit. This is not a topic I have posted...I will explain why in a bit.

When someone is faced with tragedy and loss, like many of us have been, in the time following it ones true character and beliefs comes forth. My husband had horded intense doubt about this marriage, and shaky trust in God, to say the least. Six months after Macsen, my son, went Home, my husband left. Truth be told it was advised by his counselor that he do so. "You are making the house toxic", his counselor said. And although the advice at the time made me scratch my head with scripturalism (is that a word? It is now!), the house is no longer toxic! It's as though a dark cloud of negativity has been lifted. The sun can finally shine inside! In my girls, and in me! Hallelujah, in me! Please understand, I am not someone that because he was moody and not a bed of roses to live with, that there in lies reason to end things. The level of UGLY that took place in my marriage and outside my marriage is monstrous. The 3-A's" took place: Adultery. Abandonment. Abuse. Seriously...enough said!

The seeming injustice in all of this is that I am now left to pick up alot of pieces. Alot of pieces that are there- not because of me! Such is life. God will have His day dealing with all the UGLY this world dishes our way! That in and of itself brings some peace. I haven't blogged this, or anything else UGLY, really because, WHY? Does Satan need anymore stage then he already has? Do we need to highlight his work? Think upon it, meditate on it? Is'nt the fact that he is the author of death enough? It is for me. He has stolen enough from me! This is a place that I like to express hope, promises and future! No UGLY here. (Asthetically or spiritually, I hope! : / )

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they
may have life, and have it to the full. ~John 10:10

So....here I sit with my 2 sweet girls. No job. ALOT of bills and an uncertain future of raising them as a single women. Like I said, you all sent many great ideas about what I could do to make money and not have to put my girls in daycare. I do have this ministry that I feel so strongly about. It is what I dream to be doing unabashedly, and as a means of our livelihood one day in my future. But until such time, I mentioned starting my own business. An Etsybusiness that is. I am going to do boxes, but ones that are meant for living babies. Ones with a real happy and promising feel. Frankly, I can't imagine a cooler baby shower gift to bring an expectant mother, other then a memory box to fill with all the things that you can't put on a scrapbooking page!!!! So....details to come.

The store. The "pieces". The adventure.

I utterly covet your prayers, and am eager to hear things from you. Ideas of how to advance it. Promote it. What you know of Etsy, or what you have heard. I was on there alot last night and have found it to be a real "culture" almost. One that I need to get educated on. I'm just a girl that wants to live the dream. Do what I love, make a decent living at it, care for my own children, and
finally have my abilities be used of God in a way that blesses others and causes them to appreciate this thing we've been given. life!
(And if their path crosses mine, somehow, with The Greatest Blessing memory boxes, then to have them embrace this thing called eternal life!)

God...You are my Provider! Do Your thing!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Can't wait to see your new boxes and store in all its glory!

Rachel said...

Praying for guidance, wisdom, and peace for your future!

Anonymous said...

Megan,

My name is Erik and I am Amanda Kowalker's husband. Amanda and I are sitting here at our computer reading this post and can't help but feel for you during this extremely difficult time. We want you to know that we will be praying that God's providence, mercy and grace will see you through this valley.

Amanda is looking forward to meeting with you about ETSY and seeing you launch your own site.

On a blogging note, your blog is very impressive from the standpoint of how much effort you put into it and how easy it is to navigate. ;)

Feel free to visit my blog for some daily Christ-centered quotes of encouragement.

http://gospelreminders.com/

Philippians 1:6,

Erik & Amanda Kowalker

Danielle Holsapple said...

I wish you the very best of luck! I just know your boxes must be a great blessing!

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Popped over from Lynnette's blog.. The boxes you do for mother's to remember are beautiful.. I"m sure the etsy boxes will be amazing. Praying for your new venture!