Tuesday, July 29, 2008

{PlEaSeD!}

6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those
who earnestly seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
I don't know how you feel about this, but I for one want to please God! I relate "please" to what I knew of "pleasing" my earthly daddy. I was without a doubt, a daddy's girl. He was like a God to me. I have often looked back on my growing up years around my daddy, and can literally count on one hand how often he was upset with me. And believe me, I was a hellion child, so there was more often something to be upset with me over, then not. But I very much wanted to please my daddy. Those times that I "displeased" him, or as he would word it, "disappointed" him, I recall the sad and alone feeling I would get in my heart. "Disappointing" my daddy was not something I took any joy in. His distinctive blue eyes would get a look in them that hurt me to see. I can look back upon those memories and use them to remind me of our Father in heaven. That sad and alone feeling I would get with my earthly daddy, is similar when "disappointing" the Father, only to a much more inner being hurt. Because He sees all, there is more opportunity to disappoint Him. But because of His great love for us, He has sent the Holy Spirit to be our source of "pleasing". He and only He can take our "pleasing" to a level that blows those "disappointments" out of the water! And it is such a good piece of news to know that He is not seeing all we do and counting our sins, but instead He is counting our moments of righteousness! Praise you my Jesus! Inventorying the jeweled crowns we will receive to cast at our Saviors feet! Spending the rest of our lives living to please the Father is an intense calling, and certainly not without challenges. But He is with us, and cheering us on. And so are those that have gone before us to live with him. That makes me feel like I could fly! Like on the wings of an eagle! (Sound familiar?) Isaiah 40:31

My daddy, who went home to be with the Lord in April of 2007 did more to sketch out a picture of our heavenly Father for me then he knew before going home. Gentle and strong, thoughtful and appreciative, wise and humble, loving and generous. Thank you daddy. I miss you so much, and celebrate often in knowing, you are young and at peace, holding our Macsen Danforth. I know as you look into the eyes of the Father, He is pleased.

Danforth Beal
May 25, 1929-April 3, 2007
Very missed, but to be reunited with
in our real home, Heaven!
I love you Daddy!

No comments: