Friday, July 25, 2008

{GrEaT iS HiS fAitHfUlNeSs!}


Philippians 2:14-16

14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

I didn't do this today. I thought about doing it. And some effort in seeking God was put forth early in the day so of course the Holy Spirit. in His faithfulness motivated me to bear some fruit. But then I just got lazy. No more taking thoughts captive, and no more praying. And SHOCKINGLY, I couldn't do it on my own! Imagine that.

Lamentations 3:22-23

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassion's never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Thank you God that your mercies are new tomorrow. I read a piece of advise that has been extremely freeing for me. A really effective way that we can harass the enemy is to bounce back from stumbles- quickly! No sulking, beating ourselves up. NO batheing in shame or calling it quits for the whole day! Bouncing back! Profound, huh?! Hear me out. It frees you to have the joy of the Lord, and it simply infuriates Satan!lol. I for one love that!Over time that "thing" you tended to stumble upon regularly loses it's grip, and Satan loses his ammunition! Awesome right! It's a simple word, but sheer truth!

He's harassed us plenty. It's his turn! We are not consumed! Praise you Jesus!

No comments: