Monday, September 8, 2008

{My PuRpOsE}

My childhood was amazing. I played in snow, had access to nature regularly, I had siblings that I loved and knew had my back. I was open, adventuresome, and full of life.... ready for whatever came my way. From a young age, I recall thinking about stuff that seemed less important then the norm to my friends or siblings. Not that I was above them, or anything, just set apart for a different purpose. God has wired Megan with an incredibly tender heart! OK, yes, I am that friend, the one that cries at all the "tear jerker" scenes in movies. Pass the tissues please. And even when I was young, I remember going into a restaurant with my family, and seeing alot going on around me, but always honing in on the person that was sitting and dining alone. The one person that had no one to talk to. No one to look at across the table. I would alert my mom to such a person, and she would ask, "Megan, do you want to go sit with them?" "No", I would say. Thinking -that would feel weird and uncomfortable. There was not a time throughout our meal, however, that I didn't think about that person, and pay close attention to them between bites. (Or between smashing little coffee creamer cups on the floor! Did anyone else do stuff like that, or were my brother, sister and I the only demented ones out there? We used to get such cheap thrills from that. All fun and games until I became a waitress, and was the one cleaning up after all the "fun".) I guess the place where I find myself now, is really not that surprising or out of place......almost purposeful. God calling me, and using me to be a source of His comfort, compassion, mercy, and kindness. What an absolute honor, and incredible responsibility. Not a place you want to be in without the living God indwelling you.

Macsen's exodus Home has brought to light many pieces of a puzzle for me, we might call "purpose". I certainly would not have chosen this path for myself, but I know enough about my Father in Heaven that I know He allowed it because He knows BEST! He loves me and wants to see me soar, that I might glorify HIM.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11

This is such a "staple" verse in the Bible, that I am sure many of you reading, already know. If you don't know it though-memorize it! IT IS TRUTH. IT IS FROM GOD. IT IS FOR YOU!He indeed has a purpose for each of us. I know it will not look like what we think it will, but His plan is perfect. His purpose for you, my friend.... is perfect. Let go, and let Him do His thing! We will never regret being in His will! We will never regret living out our PURPOSE!

No comments: