Wednesday, September 17, 2008

{He WiLl NeVeR lEaVe NoR fOrSaKe}


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~Ephesians 3:20-21

Meditation upon that verse alone can transform every facet of our lives. It encompasses hope. It is all about FAITH. Something I must admit that has been rattled more lately, then in all of my days before. I KNOW that I love Jesus. I know that His word is TRUTH. I know that He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me. I can hear my sweet pretty little Mia Brooke saying, "mommy what does forsake mean?" Once more my 6 year old leaves me stumped to know how to answer her in a way she can grasp. A way I can grasp?! So again I am drawn to a source beyond myself....
THE DICTIONARY. (I for one am grateful for it....humble enough to admit I use it often. As I do the thesaurus, and my most favorite-the spell check! Thank you Lord for the person you implanted with that vision! So awesome, and so awesomely needed!!!!!!!!)

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
Forsake For*sake"\, v. t. [imp. Forsook; p. p. Forsaken; p. pr. & vb. n. Forsaking.] [AS. forsacan to oppose, refuse; for- + sacan to contend, strive; akin to Goth. sakan. See For-, and Sake.]
1. To quit or leave entirely; to desert; to abandon; to depart or withdraw from; to leave; as, false friends and flatterers forsake us in adversity.
If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments. --Ps. lxxxix. 30.
2. To renounce; to reject; to refuse.
If you forsake the offer of their love. --Shak.
Syn: To abandon; quit; desert; fail; relinquish; give up; renounce; reject. See Abandon.

As I go through the process of learning how better to answer my sweet baby girl that has a hunger to know this God I speak of, I am also brought to tears as I learn of His most incredible love for me. A love that I have not seen from any human, nor will I ever. He is there always. Really, whether I like it or not...He is there.

Jesus, even when we are going through the fire, YOU are there. Just as you were with Shadrack, Meshack, and a Bumblebee. (Sorry...seen the Veggie Tales one too many times....Abendigo.)
Thank you that you are there. Nothing gets past you, and nothing happens to me, around me, or inspight of me without first going through your Sovereign hands. And how that makes me love you more! You are always Faithful, True, and Good. You are beyond what any person can offer, pretend or try to imitate! You are the BEST thing that has ever happened to me! And as you are in the presence of all of those that have gone before us, that we dearly love and miss, we are left down here knowing this:
YOU ARE GOD. YOU ARE AWESOME. YOU LOVED US ENOUGH TO SEND YOUR ONLY SON, THAT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH YOU FOREVER. THAT IS SOME HEAD-OVER-HEALS-LOVE IF I HAVE EVER SEEN IT! SWEEP US US ALL OFF OUR FEET AS ONLY YOU CAN! I LOVE YOU MY KING. KISS SWEET MACSEN FOR ME!

No comments: