Thursday, August 14, 2008

{HoPe}

But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
~Romans 8:24b-25

Life, as of late is very barren. Dry. And without hope. This cool drink of water, which I read this morning has quenched this very thirsty spirit. And of course, patience is not at all a fine tuned fruit in Megan. But hope excites me. It calms me. It reminds me that I am looking to one far greater, more capable and that has my BEST interest at heart. Hope....worth resting in.

Hope:
1.A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment.
2.Something that is hoped for or desired: Success is our hope.
3.One that is a source of or reason for hope: the team's only hope for victory.
4.often Hope Christianity The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for
a future good, difficult but not impossible to attain with God's help.
5.Archaic Trust; confidence.


Father....you are the Alpha and the Omega. What an awesome meditation that is! You know where I have been, and where I am going. And you desire for me to be prosperous
and not be harmed...you have plans for hope and a future (Jer. 29:11). Praise be to you, Father!
There is nothing that I am going through that is a puzzler to our God. Nothing He has not seen, or did not ordain. He is there. He is protecting. He is hope. He is.

There is no God like Jehovah!

No comments: