Sunday, August 3, 2008

{A gLiMpSe}


There have been moments in my life, that as I walk with the Lord, that I know in the depths of my soul that God is revealing a mystery to me. Giving me a glimpse of the picture, that He has seen to it's end.

There is no question that God is pouring out His spirit, and harvesting many in these days. And though Satan is as oblivious to Christ's glorious return as anyone, he is aware of this harvesting, and it panics him to his core! I feel like screaming "Hallelujah!" at the top of my lungs right now, but actually it took my ladies an extra long time to finally nod off.... so I'll settle for a whisper ."Hallelujah!!!!"

This glimpse that God has shown me is one that some might see as wishful thinking. Others as pure coincidence. They would all be wrong.

Tonight I "accidentally" (nothing my God does is accidental) stumbled upon discovering that one of my favorite christian music groups has very recently shared in the same tragic heartache that I have. Selah, which is made up of a very talented pianist and vocalist, and a brother and sister team that harmonize together in a way that puts goose bumps down your spine, were brought to my attention . Todd, the brother and his wife Angie lost their baby girl this spring. His sister, Nicol, also lost her son (10 weeks old) in May. As I type, I am still absorbing all this. Ironically,I gave birth to both my precious girls to my very worn out Selah cd's! As many of you know, this group is clearly in love with our Lord, and I ache for them now. Just a few weeks ago I heard the news of Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter passing, and to my surprise, I soon after became a puddle on my living room floor. I do not even know him or his family! But he is in fact, my brother in Christ, and many know his love of the Lord. The song, "With hope" is like a self prophesy! The timing of it is no accident. I recently learned, also, a Christian gal that has her own internet business for mom's and mom's to-be,(no less). Her son was stillborn in May. Some tima ago,Rick Burgess from the Rick and Bubba radio program, his son, I believe just 2 or 3 drown in their pool. Rick spoke at his boys memorial- http://www.godtube.com/ and type in Rick Burgess. There are 3 parts......powerful! Utterly worth hearing! Really there are even more believers out there going through a real tsunami of troubles right now. Our God has not left us!

I see all of this loss, and how it is falling upon His children. Now, I know we live in a fallen world, and that death is a part of that. This has come on us with full purpose. I know that Satan is prematurely celebratory as he sits by to see us shrink back. Hoping we turn our back,walk away, even curse God.

Satan... No way. No how! Because God's strength is made perfect in weakness, we're actually like Superheroes in all of this! For me, this has solely emphasized my allegiance to Christ. And I would venture to guess it has done the same for them. Really I see this as such an honor. An honor that He is all knowing, and powerful, and knew this would shake our foundation, but that it would not cause us to crumble!

Each of us are on a platform of some sort. (Granted mine is very small and humble next to these "celebs", but none the less I am being watched by many.) Nothing comes our way as His children, without first passing through His Sovereign hands. Thank you Father! My spirit has been very stirred that God is up to something! Something so much bigger then what we can see is taking place.( Not that He ever "takes a break.") All of these little one's going Home is evidence that He wants us to rise up and praise His holy name, regardless of what this world brings us. Truth be told, this is the hardest hit I have ever had, and to Satan's chagrin.....
I AM STILL STANDING! AND SO ARE THEY! PRAISE YOU KING JESUS! So we will rise each day and bless His name. We will sing and keep our eyes on the clouds!


We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

No comments: